Friday, December 5, 2008

Gasoline

I guess this is sort of old news now, but I sure am excited about the price of gas these days. Did you ever think it woud get below $2 again? I sure didn't. We traveled at Thanksgiving and will be traveling again for Christmas. We will leave here on the 17th and drive to Houston. Sweet Girl has doctor appointments on the 18th and 19th. From there we will drive to CO to celebrate Christmas with my folks. Then it is on to KS and hubby's folks before heading back here to AR. I just used mapquest to add that up. 2270 miles! Yikes! Now do you understand why I am thankful for the gas prices?

Since I've had travel on the mind, I did a little travel display in my antique booth. Vintage flashcards, state plates, dist-o-map.....
....more flashcards (not so vintage) and a train mug.
Here is another look. The leather suitcase isn't old, but it is unique. The framed picture is a map and a 50's TWA advertisement. Little blocks that spell "GO". A thermos (my Grandpa always traveled with a thermos full of hot coffee). Tourist glasses. It was a fun little display to put together.

I did hardly any Christmas decorating this year. Seemed silly to go to so much work for only a couple of weeks. We put up the tree and that is it. I really hate that I have BOXES of decorations out in my shed and I didn't get them out. Next year I seriously think I will start decorating before Thanksgiving so that we can enjoy it more.
The boys brought this in from the woods the other day. Is it some sort of holly? I really don't know, but I thought it was pretty and festive.

Sweet Girl got her new wheels! Doesn't she look happy? This stroller is so nice. It is significantly bigger than her old one (which is what she needed) so I am still trying to figure out the easiest/best way to get it in and out of the van. It is not super heavy - just bulky. We are going to donate her old stroller to Wheels for the World. What a great program!

The "guys" are in town at Upwards basketball. The 8 year old is playing, hubby is coaching and the 11 year old is "assisting." Tonight is their first practice and games will start after Christmas.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I plan to hit a few garage sales and finish up wrapping Christmas presents tomorrow. Along with the usual laundry, picking up the house, etc.....

{You were all called to travel on the same road and in the same direction, so stay together, both outwardly and inwardly. Ephesians 4:4}

2 comments:

Don and Dixie said...

Let's go for a train ride! Heard on the news that we can expect gas prices to go down in 2009 to around $1.00 per gallon. Won't that be great! Antique booth looks very inviting!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for the new stroller! Prayers will be sent for its payment by insurance. What version do you use for these verses? They're always so fitting!