Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Holding On to Fall


I cannot believe it is December! Can we hold on to Fall for just a bit longer? I took this picture on Sunday. It is pretty much the last of the color for the season. It was cold here this morning (for Arkansas anyway) - 26°. Here is something funny. When we lived in ND the schools took the kids out for recess unless it was below 0°. In KS I think it was 20°. Central AR - 32°. Southern AR - 40°!
This is a little project I finished up yesterday. It is a Christmas card holder, but could also be used all year for other things. I used a scrap piece of trim from my shed and painted it red. I drilled holes and inserted a piece of old wire garden edging (from the thrift store, of course). I did add a bit of glue in each hole.
The clips are old Christmas candle holders. I glued on vintage buttons. You could also use binder clips, clothespins, etc. Isn't that a funny picture? It was stuck inside an antique book I bought one time.
Here is another shot of one of the clips and an old postcard. I love old postcards! I put this in my booth, but I am really hoping it doesn't sell. I want to use it at my house.

Kelly, this picture is for you! Sweet Girl and her cousin both had their Girl Power tattoos on this weekend. Speaking of Sweet Girl, she is getting a new stroller (wheelchair) tomorrow. It is very much needed. Her old one is too small and literally falling apart. Yesterday the foot rest just broke off. Anway, this may seem like a silly request, but please pray that our insurance pays for this new stroller. Our insurance does not preauthorize these things. The stroller had to be ordered and then the claim can be filed. Now we just pray that they will pay for the $4000 stroller. (Crazy, I know.)

Well, the morning is almost over and my "to do" list is still quite long. I better get busy.

{Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12}

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I LOVE the Girl Power flower on her sweet little face! What an adorable picture!!!!

Don and Dixie said...

The card holder is really adorable!Don't know how much longer fall will hold on. Supposed to be 67 here today. So much fun with the Girl Power face art last week. So good to see all of you!

the voice of melody said...

Praying for the insurance company to reimburse you. I hope Sweet Girl will be much more comfortable in this one. She's such a cutie!

Jill said...

I will pray for the insurance coverage! She's a doll! I also think your card holder and clips is so neat. Good job.