Thursday, September 13, 2007

Hmmmm.....

First, if you haven't done so, you should read this post from a few days ago. Then you can see why the above picture (not a great scan, I know) has me so intrigued. I received my October issue of Country Home in the mail today. I usually flip through quickly just to look at all the gorgeous photos. Well, of course, these flashcards caught my eye. Can you read the price? $150-$225! Wow! So, while I should be starting some laundry, figuring out supper plans, etc. I am sidetracked by what creative phrases I could make with my fabulous find. Let's see....warm breakfast....wet clothes....fruit pies....beautiful mountains....farmer Joe....best friend....that's our place....Christmas wishing....wee girl....first morning light....no more talking....

Aaaagh! I need to quit, but every time I try I come up with another one....stick horse... Should I run out and buy some frames?! ...sea traveler...I promise I will charge you less than $150! ....always care...Forget the laundry and supper - I'm gonna run to the thrift store and see if I can find more cards! ...roots matter..... It's addictive, I'm tellin' ya!

2 comments:

Julia said...

Love the cards.. wishing I could find stuff like that at our thrift store in town.. I'm usually disappointed when I go there, but I might have to check it out more often for fun stuff like that! I think framing them is a fun idea!
Oh, and thanks so much for the pkg.. love the stuff!!
Julia

Jen Kershner said...

Well, I must say, that sounds like much more fun than housework. I will have to go read that article now.