Thursday, February 21, 2008

NEST

It is cold and drizzly today. I would love to curl up with a good book, but then who would cook supper, do the laundry, put the kids to bed, pack boxes....Guess the book will have to wait. I really don't have much to say today, but I hated that I hadn't posted anything since last Friday. Just thought I would share a couple pictures that make me think of Spring. The above photo is from right outside my front door. The funny thing is that on the other side of the door I still have my sled. Winter or Spring - kinda like the weather these days - you just never know.
Like always, sorry about the bad photo here. Not sure why I didn't turn the flash off. This is a card I made for a friend last spring. Yes, that is a real nest and real eggs. It is from my friend's front porch. Shortly after I took the photo the birds hatched and then flew away.

I better go work on supper. We are having Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup. Yum!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are in the nesting mood! Hope Phil is feeling better today.

Heidi said...

If I could send encouragment and strength and help via this blog comment to you, I would! I love your front porch display! And your pretty picture box!

*Heidi*

Vickie said...

Vanessa - thanks for stopping by and for your kind words. It feels so good to have support out there even tho I don't you all personally. We can all relate to losing something of sentimental value and feeling violated. But we're made of strong stuff and it'll be okay. Thanks again- Vickie