Sunday, May 4, 2008

Little of This, Little of That

Couldn't think of a good title today. Just several random things to share. First, my ice cream cone dispenser sold today for $51. Not bad for my $1 investment! I need to come across more things like that to ebay.

Also, I told you I would share the wonderful gift I got at Bible study last week. My sweet friends gave me these dishes. There are four dinner plates and four salad plates. Each has a different scripture on them (click on the picture to see them better) and each set is a different color (red, blue, yellow and green). I just love them! There are also bowls and mugs that match. I may have to invest in them over time.
I am blessed to have such great friends. I will remember them each time I use these plates.

At a garage sale on Friday I found this teapot for $5. I was very pleased because it matches my set of white ironstone dishes. This is one of the very few pieces I did not have. If you are a teapot collector, you would have loved this garage sale. The woman was selling many from her collection because her husband told her, "Either they go or you go." I'm sure he wasn't serious.

Before moving to Arkansas I had never heard of biscuits and chocolate gravy. When I did hear of it I wasn't sure it sounded good. I like biscuits and I LOVE chocolate. But together? Eventually I tried it and it is YUMMY! My 7 year old son and I got some from the donut shop on Saturday morning. You should try it. Let me know if you need a recipe.
Last, but certainly not least.....WE HAVE A HOUSE! Well, it is not final yet, but the sellers have accepted our offer. I am still sad about moving, but it helps to know that we will have a home of our own. Get this - I haven't actually seen this house. I've only seen pictures. Crazy, I know. I am totally trusting hubby and the realtor on this one. It's just one of those things where if we didn't make an offer right away it probably would have sold to someone else. There wasn't a good time to make the 3 1/2 hour drive down there. I thought, "Hey, the house has a porch. A big porch. It will work." What more did I need to see?
The house also has a yard. A big yard. My boys will have 12 acres to explore. That is truly what we have been holding out for - a house in the country. God is good!

{"God is love. When we take up permanent residence in a life of love, we live in God and God lives in us. This way, love has the run of the house, becomes at home and mature in us..." I John 4:17}

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The scriptures on the plates were so appropriate for the time. God truly gives us things we need at just the right time. A month ago this wasn't available. God's timing is perfect!

Heidi said...

How cool to hear of this home! It won't be long before you'll be telling us how you sit on that gorgeous porch, sipping lemonaide (or is it iced tea?) as your children play nearby.

Cool sale on ebay!

Vickie said...

Vanessa, thanks for stopping by to say hi! Looks like your hubby did GREAT on finding a house - it's lovely with that big porch. I love big porches - I know you'll enjoy it this summer! I like your white pitcher, too. I have a few pieces of ironstone and I really enjoy them. I don't know much about it, but I love the white with anything - take care - Vickie

Anonymous said...

Vanessa, I love the dishes, what great friends. Hopefully they can come see you in Magnolia and eat on them. Hey, you found the teapot for your dishes. God is faithful! Love you, mom

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!
Love the dishes and the ironstone! Congrats on the new house...moving can be hectic...but it can be an adventure to! I pray blessings upon your family during the transition...and feel free to steal my birdbath idea...lol! I am sure I am not the first to come up with it...I was just sick of seeing that bowl on the floor never making a home anywhere inside...hehe...