Saturday, May 17, 2008

She's a Trooper

Whew! What a week! First, we went to Magnolia, AR (our new town) where I got to see our new home for the first time. Hubby did a great job picking it out! It is beautiful! Love the porch even more now that I have seen it! And the land....let's just say our boys can have a football field, soccer field and a baseball diamond all in their backyard. We are truly blessed!

From there we headed to Houston for Sweet Girl's medical appointments. She really is a trooper. She had to have a video EEG done. She had 26 electrodes glued to her head for about 18 hours. Took it all in stride. The good news is that the EEG did not show any seizure activity. We are so thankful for that.
She also had three other doctor appointments. Over all, things went really well. Her GI doc still wants her to gain more weight. She keeps getting tall (like her daddy) but not putting on enough weight to balance it all out. Like I said, the tall & skinny gene didn't come from me. She has her daddy to thank for that. The Physical Med & Rehab doctor and PT we saw really believe that Sweet Girl has the potential to walk someday. Just gotta build up those muscles. So, until her December appointments we will be working on weight gain and muscle strength.

Hubby's parents came to watch the boys while we are gone. They are still here. Today we had them watch Sweet Girl and we took the boys on a hike. In case you don't know, Arkansas is a beautiful state. We went to Petit Jean State Park and hiked the Cedar Falls Trail. We hadn't done this hike in a long time and wanted to see it again before we move. The weather was perfect and we had a great time.
We have had tons of rain this spring, so the falls are going pretty good. It was wonderful to stand at the base and feel the cool mist. The boys did a bit more than feel the mist!
There are so many beautiful sights to photograph. I was just snapping away quickly as we hiked.
Here are my guys. They are standing up underneath the falls.

Some beautiful vegetation. I loved the coloring in this huge leaf. I took pictures of many different plants. Maybe I will show you more in a future post.

This post has been a bit random. I am still quite tired from the trip so my thoughts are a bit jumbled. I hope you all have a worship-filled Sunday!

{"Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me." Psalm 42:7}

2 comments:

Heidi said...

So glad to hear of some good reports from the doctors for your Sweet Girl. How cool for you to see your new home and like it! Love that you then got to be in nature with the boys; pretty pictures! Blessings to you!
*Heidi*

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new home! I would love to have that much space on this earth to roam about ;)

I will be keeping your Sweet Girl in my prayers...she certainly has a sweetness about her even just in photographs.