Saturday, August 23, 2008

Is it Saturday already?

Wow! Surprisingly, this week went by quickly. All the kids had a good week at school. Seeing my Sweet Girl's smile at the end of each day was such a relief to me. The worst part of the week was probably the traffic at my oldest son's school. Pickup was a nightmare! I can't believe that kids don't get run over and there isn't an abundance of fender benders each day.

I've really been enjoying Shades of Inspiration. You can see all of my flickr photos here. This week's "color" was rust. Fun!
My favorite icecream bucket - I actually use this one as a trashcan in my bedroom.
I found this rusty flower frog last weekend at an estate sale. I hadn't seen an oval one before.
An old child's rake.
I call this photo "A Road Once Traveled."

On Wednesday my oldest turned 11. Am I old enough to have an 11 year old? Surely not. He was born in North Dakota. His doctor was also a race car driver. While he was waiting for my labor to progress he went to work on his car, "The Stork." Good thing he had time to wash the grease off his hands before he delivered my beautiful 8 lb. 14 oz. baby boy!

He got a BB gun for his birthday. Last night he was looking in my cookbooks for squirrel recipes. He thinks he is going to kill one. Of course we have told him he can't shoot at any living creatures. That reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw a couple years ago. It said, "Squirrel. It's what's for supper." Remember, we live in Arkansas.

Hubby is working all day. All the college students move in today. Note to self: Don't go to WalMart today. Have you ever been to WalMart in a college town on "move in" day? Trust me. Don't do it.

One last thing. I know this post is getting long. I am still doing the Usborne e-show to raise money for Rett Syndrome. These books make wonderful gifts. You might want to think ahead and do some Christmas shopping. Thank you to those who have already helped me Read for Rett!

{"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal." Matthew 6:19-20}

2 comments:

Don and Dixie said...

Now, Mom, those squirrel dumplings may be alright! We ate them when we lived in Arkansas. Glad the school week went well. I agree on the WalMart issue. Bad enough any day after the students get back. Have a good weekend.

kristy mae said...

Hi! I found your blog through a comment on Melissa's MMM post. I hope you are all doing well!
Kristy
aka Elaina's Mom