Friday, August 8, 2008

Shades of Inspiration

I've been wanting to participate in Sadie Olive's "Shades of Inspiration." In a way I think I have put it off because the other participants are way out of my league photographically. But this week the "shades" are light blue and brown - my favorite color combo these days. I just decided to go for it and add a couple pictures of my own.
This is a vintage barkcloth pillow. I just love the colors!

I just think this bowl is beautiful. The picture doesn't do it justice. I paid 30 cents for it this week at the local thrift store. If you visit "Shades of Inspiration" you will see many photos with this beautiful color combination.

Today after hippotherapy I ran into Goodwill while hubby waited in the van with the kiddos. Man was I excited when I saw this box. Look at these great tags! My brain is spinning with projects. The box says 1000. Not sure if they are all in there, but the box is pretty full.

Does anyone remember Gibson's stores? Do they still exist anywhere? Even if they do, I bet they don't use tags like this anymore!

Goodwill also helped add to my kitchen/dining decor today. Like I needed to add anything! I love this little chicken basket....

....and this great egg basket. I wish I would have taken a better picture. It collapses and turns inside-out. Very cool!

It has finally cooled down a bit the last few days. Amazing how good 95° feels after 108°. The good thing about the heat? The boys have been reading machines! We went to the library on Tuesday and they are ready to go back again. I love to read and I love that my boys love it!

I was going to write more, but I seem to be rambling tonight. I won't bore you. I hope you have a great weekend!

{"You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world." Matthew 5:14}

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Love the blue~brown color combo, Vanessa. I never put those together...guess I'm always too busy with pink~green. I need to expand! Those Gibson store tags are cool, never heard of that store here on the west coast. I'll be watching to see how many ways you can use 1000 tags!
Glad it's cooled down for you, and I love to hear when kids are reading, too!
*Heidi*
Everyday Cookies

Don and Dixie said...

Really like the dish with lace and trim in it. Imagine that you would find some more chicken stuff for your house. The wire baskets are neat. Can't wait to see everything.