Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Special Deliveries

I've had some wonderful deliveries come my way lately. Last week when my inlaws visited they brought me a box from my husband's aunt. She is unable to do much crafting anymore. She was so sweet to think of me.

This box is full of ribbon, trims, beads and other embellishments. I will definitely be able to use these in my projects. Thank you, Aunt Carol!

I splurged this month and bought a kit from Jenni Bowlin. It is really not like me to spend money on such things. Jenni is having a design contest this month. Maybe I should get super-creative and try to win back the money I spent. Yeah, right! I can't even imagine the talented artists I would be up against.

A few weeks ago I won a blog giveaway over at Simply Mein. Tamy emailed me to let me know I was the big winner. I was so excited and immediately replied with my mailing address. Well, I don't know what happened, but my emails would not go through to her. I was so afraid Tamy was just going to give up on me. Thankfully, she didn't. She sent me her phone number and I gave her a call with my address.

I was so excited to receive her package. Let me tell you, I was not disappointed! She was so generous and it just made my day when I opened the box yesterday.

A clip board, tons of pink lace, paper lace, wonderful red, white and blue crepe paper garland, Christmas goodies, game pieces.....
....the most perfect rubber stamp! And the adroble little pin cushion? Tamy, how did you know I had been wanting one of these?
There's more! Post-it notes, clothespins, cards, yo-yo gift tags, pipe cleaners....
....and bugs! Not sure about these, but my 7 year old sure had fun with them. He gets his creativity from his mom, don't you think?!

So, I just want to say....


( Yes, the letters came from her, also.)

{"Receiving a gift is like getting a rare gemstone; any way you look at it, you see beauty refracted." Proverbs 17:8}


7 comments:

cherry said...

That is the perfect stamp for you! You got some reaellly cool things! cherry

Anonymous said...

Vanessa, I am so glad you liked the goodies!! sorry it took so long...enjoy!!
xo

Don and Dixie said...

You have lots of new things to play with now. What a variety! The bugs were really cool. Have fun.

Wendy said...

How fun! I love the pincushion!

Anonymous said...

What fun!!!

Corene said...

What fun!! I'm rooting for you on the Jenni Bowlin contest :)

Heidi said...

Lucky you! It all looks great. I'm sure you'll be showing some new creations just as soon as fall routine gets going!
*Heidi*