Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Checkers

Tonight I thought I would show you the antique store where I have my little booth.

If you are ever in Magnolia, AR make sure you stop by this fun little corner of our town.
Do you need a carriage? I know where you can find one!

My booth is constantly changing. I think it helps to change and move things around.

I have some fun vintage office items in there right now.

There is a little bit of everything....from a bed pan to pretty china.

I took these pictures last week. Now the two top suitcases are gone. The basket on the floor is gone. Silver tray....gone. Sales were pretty good this past weekend.

I wish I had this big of space. This belongs to the shop owner, Kathy.

Dave always has fun stuff.

So does his mom, Jan. I love this glass hand and the numbered beaker/vase. Both of these items tempt me each time I go into the store.

I am not making big bucks with my booth, but I am making money each month. I love it! I love shopping for bargains. I love repurposing some of those bargains. I love displaying the items. I love the friendships that I have made. I just love it!

{Clear my name, God; I've kept an honest shop. I've thrown in my lot with you, God, and I'm not budging. Psalm 26:1}







6 comments:

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

How cool is that! Thanks for sharing. I'm not that way any or I'd stop by and see your booth. You have to have a reason to go to Magnolia. :)

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Looks cute, and what a fun name. Wish I could come visit!

Don and Dixie said...

Your booth has so many neat items! That is great. Know you really enjoy doing this. Will get down to see it again someday!

Jill said...

Your booth looks great. I would really like to do the same but the nearest place is about 25 min. away and I don't think I could get there often enough. I enjoy your enthusiasm.

Anonymous said...

I think that vase as you called it, is actually an old pharmacutical beaker of sorts. Pretty cool would look good in RD's antique case at the store. As always love the Blog, and love the booth, wish we could go antiquing together. Love ya, we really missed ya'll at Easter. Sheri

Miss G said...

Hi Vanessa, I am thinking of possibly starting to do something like this and it is neat to hear you talk about how it is. I have shopped at antique malls a lot but I have no idea what it's like to be on the other side. Kelly