Thursday, August 6, 2009

Honesty

This is strange. It has been so long since I have blogged that I don't even know where to begin. I guess I will just jump right in and be honest. I haven't blogged because I didn't feel like I had anything to share. Creative projects? Not really. Pretty photos? Nope. Exciting news? I wish.

Avoiding my blog has been easier than trying to sugar coat things. Then I read this post by Jerusalem and it made me realize that it was okay to share the not so pretty things of my life. We don't all live in a perfect little blog world. Why make everyone think we do?

Honestly, life has been rough. My hubby had an unwanted and unexpected job change. Along with that came a significant pay cut. Thankfully he still has a job. Unfortunately, because of the pay cut we had to put our house on the market. That makes me sad. And stressed. I have to have it ready to show at a moment's notice. I am not good at that.


I guess I haven't been able to spend much time on my porch anyway. My favorite part of the house has been neglected all summer. Sweet Girl is still having a lot of vomiting issues in the night and early in the morning. I love to drink my first cup of coffee of the morning on the porch. Instead I have had to stay inside watching/listening for Sweet Girl's gagging. Just being honest.

Then there is this. The 11 year old (yikes - 12 in just two weeks!) had a bike wreck and broke his arm four weeks ago. We take him back to Arkansas Children's Hospital tomorrow and they should be able to replace this cast with a short one. He will have that for a couple of weeks. Fun stuff.


Back to hubby's job situation. He immediately began looking for a new job and only found one to apply for. Others were not really in his field and/or in really undesirable locations. The good news? The job he did apply for is three hours from my family and five from his. It has been a prayer of ours to be able to get closer to family. So....they flew him up for an interview. We waited. Finally we heard that they had narrowed it down to two and he was one of them. They decided to make more reference calls. We waited. We are still waiting. Each day, each hour, passes with the hope of a phone call. Today they said hopefully by next week.


School will be starting soon and I don't even know where we will be living. All of life seems to be on hold. Hubby and I are exhausted due to the job stress and the lack of sleep with Sweet Girl. We are praying...a lot. And trying not to get discouraged. It is hard. Very hard.
I am still trying to "bloom right here" but, honestly, I'm not doing a very good job. That is the honest truth.

{Celebrate God. Sing together—everyone! All you honest hearts, raise the roof! Psalm 32:11}

11 comments:

Sarah Mickey said...

Honesty is a great thing! Just so you know, even though you are so ready to leave your current situation, and understandibly so. The friends you have made since you have been here are very sad to think that you will be moving. We love you and are praying for you.

kristy mae said...

I'll be praying for you and your family. We've had a rough six months ...it's just been one thing after another.
I hope your sweet girl feels better soon.

Don and Dixie said...

Sometimes it is good to let your family and friends know what is on your heart so they know how to pray for you. It makes it really hard when you are keeping your stressors to yourself. We love you and you are in our constant prayers.

Anonymous said...

Vanessa, I knew something was wrong, but had no idea what or how to pray. Thank you for sharing and for letting us be a part of your life. Remember Jeremiah 29:11. God knows the plans He has for you, and He plans to bless you. I pray that His plans will be revealed to you soon and that He will bless you richly. Keep us posted and we will keep you in our prayers.

Jill said...

I'm still praying for that job for your husband. My heart hurts for you. Sitting listening for a child who is sick I know only too well. There's an alertness you carry that you can't let down. You have so many added stresses to that also. I am going to go light a candle for you right now and every time I walk by it I will see it and pray for you again. You can think about a candle burning for you in Nebraska lighting the way. And we know Who the light is.

Sonja said...

Sounds like your family is in for a challenge in your lives right now. Stick together you'll make it, and become a closer famly. Prayers are with you and your family.

Doris said...

Hugs to all of you...

cindy@muttleymanse said...

Vanessa,
I will be praying more specific prayers. There is nothing wrong with being honest when we are going through difficulties. It helps those who care to pray more specifically and the faith that you show encourages others. I will pray about the job, about the move, about the broken arm, and especially for your sweet little girl.

AngelMc said...

Surfed in to your blog and it is a pleasure to meet you, I will be sending up little prayers for you and your family. Come by and visit me at my blog sometime.

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

Honesty is good...Life is REAL...you are just being REAL. By letting us know what is going on we can be praying for you and I will be doing just that!

Chic Cottage Junk said...

Ya know, sometimes we don't always have wonderful fun stuff to blog. The truth is that we are all human and put up a front a lot of the time. Thank-you for letting your hair down and and letting us in. I pray that your life becomes a little less stressful and that your family's prayers are answered. God Bless you all.

Sue