Monday, August 10, 2009

Thank you, friends!

Oh, my! I want you all to know how much your sweet comments on my last post mean to me. I am so thankful to have so many friends and family praying for me. You have touched my heart.
Overall, we had a pretty relaxing weekend. Although we probably should have stayed home and got some projects done around the house, we decided to get away instead. Well, actually Friday was a visit to the children's hospital to get a short cast put on my son's arm. Two more weeks and he should be cast-free! We then did a little shopping - if you can call it that. I spent less than $20 in Target and $8 of that was laundry detergent.

The 8 year old always wants to go to Toys 'R Us when he sees one. I think he has been inside one only two or three times. Since we were going right by we decided to stop. His eyes got big as we pulled into the parking lot. Do you know what the great part is? He was perfectly content to just look - mostly at the legos. He never once asked to buy anything and as we were leaving he said, "Thank you, mommy, for letting me go to Toys 'R Us." When we got home it was right back to his huge tub of legos that I bought from the thrift store for $2!

On Saturday the 11 year old went on a youth group trip and we took the other two down to Shreveport to Sciport. Again, we rarely do anything like this and it was a lot of fun. Before heading out of town I ran into a huge Hobby Lobby and spent - are you ready for this? - $3.13! I bought one thing and used a 40% off coupon.

Well, I was going to make this a quick, short post. I am not doing a very good job. It feels good to blog again. Back to the subject of friends again.....

Several weeks ago I was at a garage sale and some children's books caught my eye (as they usually do). Rummaging through them, I could hardly contain my excitement when I saw this one......

A book about me! Seriously, it could have been my story. Published in 1979 (when I was 6), it is about a little mouse who is very shy and doesn't have any friends. Her mother keeps encouraging her and she eventually makes friends. So sweet!
"A friend is fun to have," said Vanessa. "Especially an everyday, sit-by-the-fire-and-talk friend."

So true.

{The sweet smell of incense can make you feel good, but true friendship is better still. Proverbs 27:9}

4 comments:

kristy mae said...

What a sweet little find!
I'm glad you all had a mostly relaxing weekend. Are you back to school soon there? I believe we go back on Wednesday...though I need to make sure!

Anonymous said...

What a cute find! And I would love to sit by the fire and have a nice long visit. (As long as the AC is turned to 50) Love you and still praying!!

Anonymous said...

The anonoymous is me Sheri C!

cindy@muttleymanse said...

Children's books! I love them. Often they have the best "theology"! Glad you had a good weekend. I am still praying and your little man sound so sweet! We don't have a hobby lobby here, although there is one about 40 miles away. I will have to check it out!