Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Sharing Fall

I grew up on the Eastern Plains of Colorado. For those of you familiar with the area, you know there are very few trees. Fall is just not the same there. So, for those of you from "No Fall" areas, I thought I would share our Fall with you.

There is nothing quite like playing in the leaves - goggles and all!









I love these vines that climb up our trees.












It amazes me how there can be so many different colors on one tree. So vivid.









I thought I would change the look a bit and use small pictures. I chose to put them on the left side of the page. Why, why, why will Blogger not put them where I want them? It just seems to be random. And then I can't get my text to go with my photos. Drives me crazy, but I don't have time to mess with it right now.

Still no new projects to share. I have a list of people I need to make cards for, but I am not sure when I will get to it. It has been a busy week. I was the substitute art teacher on Monday and on Friday I will be the P.E. teacher. I wouldn't want to do it all the time, but it is a nice change of pace every now and then. Besides that, the paycheck is nice - especially this time of year.

Is anyone else shocked that next week is Thanksgiving? Where has this year gone? We are staying home this Thanksgiving. That is definitely something to be thankful for. It is just too hard to travel a long distance in a such a short time frame. We will miss our family, but we look forward to seeing everyone at Christmas.

Once again, sorry for the "scrambled" post. Happy Fall wherever you are.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leaves are so wonderful when you get to play in them! Your pictures are beautiful!

Darla said...

Great photos Vanessa :)
I, too, struggle with posting pictures and arranging them, as well as getting my text how I want it. Oh well....guess it's one more thing in life I must learn to "let go"....HAPPY FALL!

Anonymous said...

Eastern plains of Colorado - where dear heart? I lived at Fort Lyon very near Las Animas for 3 years - I loved the "treeless" area. I love trees too, but fell in love with Colorado!

oliveoyl64 said...

I stumbled on your blog and I love it. Our decorating styles are similar and I just aquired a bunch of locker baskets too. I started collecting shiny brites, but never thought of the old bulbs in a jar. Ooh, more reasons to shop!!!!

My blog does not get updated regularly, but I have a wonderful blog friend Shara http://mydealoftheday.blogspot.com/
that lives in AR and SHE does update and has a passion for great junk.