Monday, November 19, 2007

Shiny Brite

I don't know a lot about Shiny Brite ornaments, but I do know that some people collect them. I've found a few at Goodwill and garage sales lately. The silver Christmas tree below has Shiny Brite ornaments on it. I put it in my antique booth on Tuesday and it sold quickly. The box of Holly-Lite lights also sold. Oh, and a couple of the ornaments from the bowl. Now my Christmas display looks a little bare. I will have to look for some more vintage holiday items.
I saw the idea for the Christmas bulbs in a jar last year. I thought it was cute. Not sure if anyone else will. Hey, if nothing else, maybe they will just want the old jars.
I finally made something again this weekend. I crafted a pretty composition journal and then I went and put it in the antique booth before taking any pictures. I'm curious to see if it sells. Trying to decide if I should make more. I love them and think they would make great gifts, but I guess I might be a bit biased.

Not much else to share. Hubby and the boys are at a basketball game and the sweet girl is in bed. I'm just enjoying a quiet evening at home. Well, it is not totally quiet. You see, sweet girl comes alive when we put her in bed. She can't walk or even crawl, but boy can she bounce in that bed! She can't talk, but she sure does jabber and squeal when you turn the lights out. I guess you just have to be here to experience it.

Oh, speaking of sweet girl and beds - she is getting a new bed soon. Special needs beds are hard to come by and really expensive. They also aren't very pretty. A dear man from church is building her a bed. He hopes to have it done by Christmas. It is going to be beautiful! We are so grateful that Mr. Tom is doing this for us. What a blessing!

One more thing....my washing machine broke this weekend. There is never a good time for that to happen. I got the new part today. Now we just have to get it put on. I would love to have a new washer and dryer. You know, those fancy front-loading, water-saving, energy-efficient kind that will hold a weeks worth of laundry in one load. But I guess I can't justify that when all my 12 year old washer needs is a $30 part. Oh, well.

Goodnight and God bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your display looks very festive! sounds like lots of fun!

Heidi said...

Wow, I love the idea of putting the Christmas light bulbs in a jar. I just bought a bag-full of aqua colored bulbs this week and they'll look perfect in a canning jar, maybe with pretty bow and bird on top!