Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunshine and Rain

Sunshine and rain....that seems like a fitting analogy for my life these days. I have so many blessings (sunshine) in my life. Here is an unexpected example....
Last week we were eating out in our new town - a quick lunch before hitting the road back up here. When it came time to pay, the waitress said it was "taken care of" and that she was supposed to show me this note. Can you read the top of the check? It says, "May God richly bless you!" A woman sitting near us, a total stranger, had paid for our meal and written those sweet words. What a blessing!
Another blessing is the women in my prayer group. We meet each week to simply pray. I can't even tell you how this group has impacted me. We are different ages, from differents walks of life....yet for one morning each week we are one in Him. I love you, ladies!
This is me on the left (in case you didn't know) and my sweet friend Molly. We meet at her house for prayer. She is also my walking buddy. We've talked about what we are going to do when I move. Maybe we will each walk and talk to eachother on our cell phones. She is certainly a blessing to me!

Last night I went to dinner with my friends Sheri and Robin. Man, they are a blessing many times over. They were really the first people I met when we moved here. Our families quickly became close friends. We've had some great times. Way too much to write about! Thanks for sharing your lives (and that Chocolate Mess) with me, girls!

Now for the rain....the goodbyes and the tears. This is our last week here. Saturday. That's the day I've been dreading. I hate saying goodbye. I think I would rather just avoid it altogther. Just quietly slip out of town. Maybe not. I'm sure I would regret that. Tonight our church is having a going away party (that doesn't seem like the right word) for us. I don't want to cry, but I'm sure I will. Like these clouds, I can only hold it in so long.

{"I will bless them and the places surrounding my hill. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing." Ezekiel 34:26}

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Showers of blessings are raining on you! Isn't it amazing how God sends messages of His love, like the woman who paid for your pizza? If we just opened our eyes to see all of the ways He blesses us, maybe the tears wouldn't flow nearly as easily. You will sure be missed, sweet friend, but I know you are cared for by one who loves you more....

Heidi said...

Bless your sweet heart. Take care.
*Heidi*

Don and Dixie said...

Hope your evening was a pleasant time with your church friends. Our present blessings remind us that we have been and will continue to be blessed. There are many new blessings to be had! We love you.