Sunday, June 15, 2008

We Made It

Just wanted to check in real quick so you don't think I've forgotten about ya'll. What a weekend! We loaded the Uhaul and trailer on Friday evenining. The more we loaded the more I thought, "It is never going to fit!" Well, thanks to some expert packers the final pieces went into the truck about 10:00 Friday night - just as the rain started pouring down.

We spent the night with friends and then headed down on Saturday morning. We made it here about 1:00 and started unloading. Some friends (sort of our "adoptive parents") came with us. So did Sweet Girl's special friend (from the previous post). Our "adoptive parents" are her grandparents. Anyway, they were all a huge blessing! We had someone to keep an eye on the girl and tons of help getting things moved, settled, hooked up, etc. in the new house.

If you are reading this and you are one of the people who helped us during this move - THANK YOU SO MUCH! Some of you went way above and beyond.

No pictures tonight. We don't have internet at the house yet. I'm quickly using hubby's laptop while he is packing things from his apartment. Hopefully we will get inernet soon. I will need to blog to keep my sanity. Right now I am too busy to think about it, but I know I will have some rough days ahead.

Gotta go!

3 comments:

Don and Dixie said...

Glad to see you on the blog and happy for you that you are moved and together once again as a family. Hope you had a Happy Father's Day, Phil!

Heidi said...

So happy to hear your move went well. I hope you get settle in easily. It's summer so there's not the chaotic school routines, that's a good thing! Be sure to get enough rest and not try to do TOO much!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see an update! I've been thinking of you so much. Glad you had lots of help in unloading. Now, for the unpacking! At least it's all in one place, right??
(I'm not even doing to mention how much I miss you.) I'll call you soon.....love you.