Saturday, September 6, 2008

Back in Business

There is a fun little antique mall in town and I called last Thursday to see about booth fees, etc. The owner informed me that she just had an opening and I could "move in" on Monday. I felt the rent was quite reasonable and so I decided to go for it. I really had to get busy getting things ready, but by Monday evening I was back in business! I took a few pictures but they didn't turn out well - it is pretty dark in there. I'll try again this next week.

Since I am selling again (already made over half my rent!) I figured I might need to step up the buying just a bit also. You know, I have to make sure to keep that booth full. The garage sales and thrift stores were pretty good to me this week. I found some things to sell and, of course, some things to keep.
My son and I were talking about how nice it would be to take a nap on the porch with these cool temperatures we've been having. This cot will make that possible.
Some linens are drying on the drying rack I got this morning.
Some pictures, a camp stool (that needs the canvas replaced) and some badmitton racquets....This stuff was all super-cheap. The pictures are nothing special, but the frames were worth it. I think the large one would make a great chalk board or inspiration board.
This is just a small sampling of the trims and laces I bought. There is actually a whole box full. Some really fun stuff!
You might want to enlarge this picture. Here is what you are looking at: little metal feeders, vintage fabric, a lunch pail with owls on it, shoe forms, a peg rack and a wooden stadium chair. I am thinking that the feeders might make fun fall decorations - maybe add some mini pumpkins, leaves, etc.
I wish I would have taken a better picture of this stadium chair. It is really neat. I might hang it in my booth and use it as a shelf.
Here is a better look at the fabric.
Isn't this a sweet little sewing rocker? It is going to the booth. I don't have room for more furniture here.
This silver tiered stand is very tarnished but I will probably leave it that way for now. On it are some of those little candle holder clips for Christmas trees. There are more of those and the candles to go with them. I will put them in my booth later on. I have a project planned for the silver shoe forms. I'll show you when I complete it.

Some of the things I bought Friday morning I have already priced and taken in to the booth. I forgot to take pictures. There is the sweetest little vintage child's pinafore apron. I wanted to keep it, but I don't need it.

We got several inches of rain last week, but the winds never got too bad. We have been enjoying the wonderful temperatures. It is so nice to open up the house and let the cool breezes blow through.

Are you having a good weekend? I sure hope so!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you're back in business and finding such neat things to sell and to keep! You never cease to amaze me at the unique uses you'll come up with (for junk!). Miss you!

southerninspiration said...

Sounds great!
thanks for the visit to my blog and the encouragement about the FALL bins!! Sure made me feel better! lol!