Monday, March 17, 2008

Tweet, Tweet!

I love to hear the birds singing early in the morning. Don't you? What a wonderful sign of spring!

A sweet friend from church had a baby shower yesterday. She is having a baby girl. Oooh, you should have seen all the pink! For her nursery bedding she is using Penelope from Pottery Barn. Such adorable little birds! I created this collage for her gift. (You can click on the pictures to enlarge them.)
Do you recognize that stitched flower ruffle at the bottom? It is in my blog banner. A lot of people asked if I had made it. No way! It is an old collar that I got in a box of trim, ribbon and old lace (mostly old dress collars). I just thought it was perfect for this collage.
I found a little children's book at the thrift store with this song in it - again, perfect for the collage.
Little birdie details....
I made the wings from vintage fabric scraps.

This is the little tag to go with the gift. This was a fun gift to make and a much needed reprieve from the moving, unpacking, etc. I had to dig through all my packed boxes of supplies to find what I needed, but it was worth it.

{He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 91:4}

3 comments:

Darla said...

Absolutely adorable!
You have amazing creativity....

Anonymous said...

Hopefully her mother will save this for her to look at when she is a little older! So cute!

Heidi said...

Beautiful collage! I love every detail, including the vintage crocheted boarder! How fun to use that special stash for the new baby!

*Heidi*