Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Worm Invasion 2008

Below is a copy of an e-mail I sent to my SIL this morning. I just thought I would share it with you. It will give you some insight into my mental state these days.


Thank you so much for the Starbucks gift card. What a wonderful surprise! I've been enjoying it (I must confess, though, that I haven't shared it with anyone). I needed a "pick-me-up" this morning so I got a mocha and some banana chocolate chip coffee cake - yummy! If you were here I promise I would share with you. :)

We've had lots of rain - like several inches - in the past couple of days. There is some flooding in nearby areas. It is still raining right now. Yuck!

Speaking of rain and yuck - when I went out to the garage this morning there were earthworms everywhere. Big earthworms. Squirmy earthworms. Over thirty of them. In my garage. Crawling up the wheelchair ramp heading for the house. Like a horror movie. Lofton and I had shovels and we were scooping them up to take them back where they belong. I should have taken pictures but it was too nasty. If you were here I promise I would share with you. :)Seriously, they would probably be good for your garden. they are not good for my house. Or my sanity. I will probably have nightmares tonight.

So the worms made me think of David. I was going to call him but I don't have his cell number. When we were kids he and his friend Boober (seriously) would go out after the rain and collect earthworms. Then they would sell them to the local fishermen. If he was here I would let him sell my worms. Then you all could go on a nice vacation. :) There are that many of them.

Okay, obviously the Starbucks caffeine has gotten to me. Or maybe it is just the whole worm thing has driven me crazy. Either way, I should probably stop this rambling. Oh, one more thing before I go. I did a google search about the whole worm situation. "They" say you should sprinkle salt down where the earthworms are coming in. I did that a little bit ago. I need to go check to see if it is working. If you hear a loud scream you will know that it is not.

Goodbye.


This picture has nothing to do with the post topic. I just don't like posting without a photo. You should appreciate that I chose this photo instead of one that was "on topic." This is pretty. The other wouldn't have been.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa says "That's Cool." Wishes he had been there to get them to go fishing. At least you didn't find them in the boys pockets! Have a great weekend!