Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Tree

Winter
Spring
Summer
Fall
This tree is across the road from our house. For some reason, I am always taking pictures of it. I wonder why? It really isn't a beautiful tree. It is scraggly and misshapen; imperfect. Maybe I am drawn to it because it parallels me and my life. I am imperfect and certainly misshapen, but God still loves me. He is still drawn to me. No matter the season of my life, He still sees beauty in me. In the springs of my life, when I am growing and thriving, He loves me. In the dormant winters of my life, He loves me. Each season I capture the image of this imperfect tree with my camera, just as He captures my imperfect heart.
"The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." I Sam. 16:7

No comments: