Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Tuesday Tip #3

Yes, I know it is Wednesday. I haven't been doing a very good job of keeping up with the Tuesday Tip. I think today's tip is a good mommy tip. Did you know that you can somtimes call your local newspaper and get "end rolls" of newsprint? These rolls are about 28" long and there is usually quite a big of paper left on them. Sometimes I've had them just give them to me and other times I have had to pay a very small amount. Here are some things I have used this paper for:
  • table covering when doing crafts

  • gift wrap that the kiddos decorate

  • party banners

  • drawing paper for the kiddos

  • packing breakables

  • have a child lay down and trace their entire body

  • tracing sewing patterns

I remember my mom having these rolls of paper when I was a kid. Now I use it all the time. All you have to do is call and ask. Just so you know, if you live here in Russellville, I called and they said they use all of the paper and don't have "end rolls" left. Sorry. If you live elsewhere, give it a try.

I'll share a quick little project with you. I found this letter on clearance at Hobby Lobby (imagine that) and decorated it. I have it sitting on the mantle. Last week my boys each decorated their own letter for their room. They turned out really cute.

I need to get some things done around here. We leave for Colorado in two days! I'll try to post once more before we take off.

No comments: