Wednesday, August 29, 2007

WinGS

WinGS.....Women in God's Service....This is a Bible study at our church. I have been asked to be one of the small group co-leaders this year. I am honored and blessed. I'm not sure I have much to offer, but I know I have much to gain. The women I am serving with are wonderful, Godly women. The study we are doing, For the Greater Glory: A Study of Job, was actually written by one of these women. I could write a lot about her, but I don't know that she would want me to do that. I will just tell you that she has had some heartache fairly recently. Instead of being bitter she is glorifying God. Thank you, sweet friend.

Each of our small groups is named for a woman of the Bible. Our group is Elizabeth. I created this (I don't know what to call it) to identify our classroom. I have this stack of round, metal trays that my mom picked up at an auction. She figured I could find a use for them. I've found a use for one of them anyway.

My hubby takes his comps (comprehensive exams) starting tomorrow. He has from 10:00 a.m. Thursday until 10:00 a.m. Sunday to complete them. You might say a prayer for him. It will be a long three days. I know he will do great! Then it is on to writing his dissertation. Won't be long now and he will be Dr. Phil! Woohoo!

I guess I should go back to bed and try to get some sleep. It wasn't happening earlier, so I figured I might as well get up for a while. Good night.

1 comment:

Willie said...

Many prayers for Phil as he finishes up so he can be our Dr. Phil!!! Can't wait to tell friends that we have a Dr. Phil in our family.